JavaFX 16 Highlights
JavaFX version 16 has been released. We’ve tailored down some of the most exciting parts of the release in this document.
- Attenuation has been added for PointLight in JavaFX 3D
- Performance improvement for all controls using VirtualFlow
- JavaFX will now warn if any
javafx.* modules are loaded from the classpath
- ImagePattern has been improved to apply SVG pattern transforms
- Transformation javadoc in Node has been re-written for clarity
Removal and Clean up:
- Obsolete Pisces rasterizer has been removed
In the bug fix department, you’ll find, among others:
- Undecorated stage were not being able to be maximized on Linux and MacOS. It has now been fixed in both the places
- Nested calls to snap methods in Region now gives consistent results
- At certain DPI scaling levels, control labels used to truncate inside a Dialog. This has been fixed
- System menu bar now works on macOS Catalina
- Fix misbehavior on switching skin for:
- On Android platform, the keyboard now displays correctly when tapped on a TextInput control
A more comprehensive list of all the changes in JavaFX 16 can be found on Github.
Kudos go to the fine people at Gluon who took care of the bulk of the work on JavaFX 16. Do check their JavaFX Long Term Support services.